Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing and dispensing drugs. It is a health profession that links health science with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs. The scope of pharmacy practice includes more traditional roles such as compounding and dispensing medications, and it also includes more modern services related to health care, including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and providing drug information.
Duties of Pharmacist:
· Check whether prescriptions will interact negatively with other drugs that a patient is taking or any medical conditions the patient has
· Instruct patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine and inform them about potential side effects from taking the medicine
· Give flu shots and, in most states, other vaccinations
· Advise patients about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, and managing stress, and on other issues, such as what equipment or supplies would be best to treat a health problem
· Pharmacy Technician
· Registered Nurses
· Biochemist and Biophysicist
· Physicians and Surgeons
12 Years of experience in Pharmacy
Medicine is the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Medicine encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness.
Duties of Physicians and Surgeons:
· Update charts and patient information to show current findings and treatments
· Order tests for nurses or other healthcare staff to perform
· Review test results to identify any abnormal findings
· Recommend and design a plan of treatment
· Address concerns or answer questions that patients have about their health and well-being
· Help patients take care of their health by discussing topics such as proper nutrition and hygiene
· Medical Doctors
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a style of traditional medicine built on a foundation of more than 2,500 years of Chinese medical practice that includes various forms of herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise (qigong), and dietary therapy, but recently also influenced by modern Western medicine. TCM is widely used in Greater China.
Duties of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
· TCM uses dietary advice and a form of exercise called Qi Gong’ to optimize the flow of Qi’ in the body.
· Acupuncture is another modality used to manipulate and encourage the healthy flow of Qi through the
· TCM utilizes Herbal Therapy which involves the use of various herbs that contain specific medicinal and healing properties given to the client relevant to their prognosis.
Physical therapy (PT), also known as physiotherapy, is one of the allied health professions that, by using mechanical force and movements (bio-mechanics or kinesiology), manual therapy, exercise therapy, and electrotherapy, remediates impairments and promotes mobility and function. Physical therapy is used to improve a patient’s quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, physical intervention, and patient education.
Duties of Physiotherapist:
· Diagnose patients’ functions and movements by observing them stand or walk and by listening to their concerns, among other methods
· Develop individualized plans of care for patients, outlining the patients’ goals and the expected outcomes of the plans
· Use exercises, stretching manoeuvre’s, hands-on therapy, and equipment to ease patients’ pain, help them increase their mobility, prevent further pain or injury, and facilitate health and wellness
· Evaluate and record a patient’s progress, modifying a plan of care and trying new treatments as needed.
· Athletic Trainer
· Exercise Physiologist
· Massage Therapist
Duties of Chiropractors:
· Analyse the patient’s posture, spine, and reflexes
· Conduct tests, including evaluating a patient’s posture and taking x rays
· Provide neuro-musculoskeletal therapy, which often involves adjusting a patient’s spinal column and other joints
· Give additional treatments, such as applying heat or cold to a patient’s injured areas
· Exercise Physiologist
· Massage Therapist
· Occupational Therapist
010-202 7874/ 010-262 7874
A Member of Hii Education Group
Unit 33-2, Level 2,
The Boulevard Offices,
Mid Valley City,
59000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
© HEG Academy. All rights reserved.