Food Science / Technology
Food science is the study of the physical, biological, and chemical makeup of food; the causes of food deterioration; and the concepts of underlying food processing where else food technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and the use of safe food.
Duties of Food Scientist:
· Test food, food additives, and food containers to ensure that they comply with established safety standards
· Help food scientists with food research, development, and quality control
· Analyze chemical properties of food to determine ingredients and formulas
· Compile and analyze test results
· Prepare charts, presentations, and reports describing test results
· Prepare and maintain quantities of chemicals needed to perform laboratory tests
· Maintain a safe, sterile laboratory environment
· Food Processing Technician
· Food Technologist
· Conservation Scientist
Biomedical Science is a set of applied sciences which apply portions of natural science or formal science, or both, to knowledge, interventions, or technology that are used in healthcare or public health. Students will focus on how cells, organs and its system functions in the human body, which is exciting and highly relevant to the understanding and treatment of most human diseases.
Duties of Biomedical Scientist:
· Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment
· Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment
· Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of biomedical equipment
· Research the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans and animals with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists
· Prepare procedures, write technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
· Present research findings to scientists, nonscientist executives, clinicians, hospital management, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
· Biochemist / Biophysicist
· Biological Technicians
· Chemist and Material Scientist
· Natural Sciences Manager
010-202 7874/ 010-262 7874
A Member of Hii Education Group
Unit 33-2, Level 2,
The Boulevard Offices,
Mid Valley City,
59000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
© HEG Academy. All rights reserved.